I HEART Yoga ~ Child's Pose
Join us for OMBE's first yoga challenge!
Enjoy an unlimited number of yoga classes for one month! Your pass begins the day of purchase. Passes can be purchased until February 14th. Purchase online by going to our Online Store – Series and Memberships - Yoga Classes - I HEART Yoga: Unlimited Class Pass.
Show your love for yoga and let the 14 days of I HEART Yoga begin with a little Child's Pose...
Benefits of the Pose
~ Gently stretches hips, thighs and ankles ~ Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and fatigue ~ Relieves back and neck pain when done with head and torso supported
Hips | Thighs | Ankles
~ Pregnancy ~ Diarrhea ~ Knee injury: avoid unless you have the supervision of an experienced teacher
How to Get into the Pose
1. While on your mat, kneel on the floor. Touch your big toes together and sit back on your heels. Separate your knees about as wide as your hips.
2. Exhale and gentle bring your torso between your thighs. Gently bow your head to the mat.
3. Lay your hands on the floor alongside your torso with your palms facing up. Release the front of your shoulders towards the floor. You should feel the weight of your front shoulders pulling your shoulder blades wide across your back. As an alternative, your arms can reach out in front.
4. This is a resting pose. Stay anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes. Beginners can use this pose to get the feel of a deep forward bend.
5. To come up, first lengthen the front of your torso. Then, with an inhalation, lift from your tailbone as it presses down and into the pelvis.
Finish with your mantra: "I HEART Yoga because..."
More about OMBE's yoga studio:
Visit OMBE's eco-friendly yoga studio overlooking beautiful views of Boston's Copley Square. Our yoga classes provide a welcoming atmosphere for students of all levels. OMBE's yoga instructors encourage students to develop their strength, flexibility, and balance as well as a deeper sense of relaxation. All yoga classes are limited to six participants ensuring that each student receives individual instruction.