I HEART Yoga ~ Bridge Pose
Join us for OMBE's first yoga challenge!
Enjoy an unlimited number of yoga classes for one month! Your pass begins the day of purchase. Passes can be purchased until February 14th. Purchase online by going to our Online Store – Series and Memberships - Yoga Classes - I HEART Yoga: Unlimited Class Pass.
Show your love for yoga and let the 14 days of I HEART Yoga continue with a strong Bridge Pose...
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
Benefits of the Pose
~ Extends the thoracic spine ~ Lengthens hip flexors ~ Opens shoulders and chest ~ Calms the brain and eases anxiety ~ Stimulates circulation as the heart is lifted and opened
Legs | Hips | Mid Back | Shoulders
~ Neck issues ~ Low back sensitivity ~ Some shoulder injuries
How to Get into the Pose
1. Start lying on your back.
2. Bend your knees and place your feet on the ground hips-width distance apart. Make sure that your fingertips can graze the back of your heels.
3. On an inhale, lift the hips up high. If you can still see your knees lift the hips up even more.
4. Let your heart reach up and back while the tops of your thighs pull forward.
5. Your arms can lay at your sides or your can bring your shoulders closer together underneath you and interlace your fingers. Stay up for 5 breaths and lower down slowly.
6. Repeat if you wish. A block can be placed beneath the sacrum to turn this pose into a more restorative one. You will receive all of the pose's benefits with minimal effort.
Finish with your mantra: "I HEART Yoga because..."
More about OMBE's yoga studio:
Visit OMBE's eco-friendly yoga studio overlooking beautiful views of Boston's Copley Square. Our yoga classes provide a welcoming atmosphere for students of all levels. OMBE's yoga instructors encourage students to develop their strength, flexibility, and balance as well as a deeper sense of relaxation. All yoga classes are limited to six participants ensuring that each student receives individual instruction.