I HEART Yoga ~ Chair Pose
Enjoy an unlimited number of yoga classes for one month! Your pass begins the day of purchase. Passes can be purchased until September 30th. Purchase online by going to our Online Store – Series and Memberships - Yoga Classes - I HEART Yoga: Unlimited Class Pass.
Benefits of the Pose
~ Strengthens thighs, calves, ankles and spine ~ Stretches shoulders and chest ~ Stimulates abdominal organs, diaphragm and heart
Thighs | Shoulders
~ Knee pain or injury
How to Get into the Pose
1. While standing (tadasana), bring your feet together, toes and heels touching.
2. As you inhale raise your arms up, reach towards the sky and bring your biceps back by your ears.
3. As you exhale bend your knees and begin to bring your thighs as parallel as possible to the mat.
4. Shift your body weight into your heels and begin to lift your toes up off the mat.
5. With each exhale sit a little bit deeper into the pose and allow your heart to remain over your hips. Continue to draw your shoulder blades together and drop your shoulders down the back.
6. To release, inhale as you straighten your legs and exhale your arms down to the side coming back into standing (tadasana).
Finish with your mantra: "I HEART Yoga because..."
More about OMBE's yoga studio:
Visit OMBE's eco-friendly yoga studio overlooking beautiful views of Boston's Copley Square. Our yoga classes provide a welcoming atmosphere for students of all levels. OMBE's yoga instructors encourage students to develop their strength, flexibility, and balance as well as a deeper sense of relaxation. All yoga classes are limited to six participants ensuring that each student receives individual instruction.