Green Gift Guide from OMBE
From the desk of Jessica L. Molleur, Lic.Ac., DNBAO….
Check out OMBE’s green holiday gift guide-including some eco-friendly gift ideas and great green websites that will help you find the best eco-finds for everyone on your list this season.
1. For the Hostess: Shop at www.vivaterra.com. We’ve mentioned this website before be we can’t get over their stylish, eco-friendly house ware selection. You’ll easily find the perfect house-warming gift and maybe a few other things for your own home.
2. For the Foodie: Pick up a copy of Jesse Ziff Cool’s, Simply Organic, at www.amazon.com. She has compiled 150 recipes incorporating organic, local, and sustainable food into one cookbook. Chapters organized by season and profiles about the farmers and producers will inspire just about anyone to get into the kitchen
3. For the Yogini: Check out Manduka’s PVC-free, biodegradable, and eco-friendly yoga mat. This is the Cadillac of yoga mats-guaranteed for life and out-performing all other mats. These mats are available in several earth tones and two styles-the original eKO-mat and a lighter, travel version for yoginis on the go.
4. For the Guy: Check out www.toporanch.com for super-soft organic clothing. And yes, they have earth-friendly options for women and children too but we love their line of t-shirts and hoodies including the fly fisherman and guitar strap designs.
5. For the Local/Organic Obsessed: This is the perfect time of year to find a great CSA as most people normally sign-up in early spring. Visit www.localharvest.org to find a CSA in the right area and give the gift of community agriculture before they are full come summer!
6. For your best Gal Pal: “Mirror, mirror on the wall….where can I find an organic, effective skin care line for acne, wrinkles, or problem skin?” Search no further than www.mvorganics.com a skin care line based in Berkeley, CA that combines the best of scientific research with botanical ingredients. This easy-to-use, 4-step line is now available at OMBE’s Eco Beauty Bar. Her skin will thank you and glow with holiday cheer. OK-Maybe this one is for your best gal pal and for you.
Have more questions about green living? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Jessica L. Molleur, Lic.Ac., DNBAO
Jessica L. Molleur is a licensed acupuncturist, herbalist, and massage therapist in Massachusetts and California. She first became interested in acupuncture as a soccer player searching for an alternative to knee surgery and discovered the many benefits of Traditional Chinese Medicine. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology from the University of California at Davis and a Master of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine from the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco, CA. Jessica is a National Diplomate of Acupuncture, Oriental Medicine and Chinese Herbology through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). She is also a Diplomate of Acupuncture Orthopedics, a specialty certification held by fewer than 500 acupuncturists in the United States.
Jessica currently maintains a private acupuncture practice in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood, which was awarded Best Acupuncture Center by Boston Magazine. Areas of specialty include women's health, pregnancy, infertility, pediatrics, and sports medicine. If you are interested in learning about the benefits of acupuncture for fertility and IVF, please visit the acupuncture + fertility page. New patients can book online to schedule any acupuncture service including a complimentary consult. Jessica also serves as a health care consultant for a number of integrative medical institutes. Her clients include IVF and infertility centers, functional medicine offices, orthopedic facilities, concierge practices, and green spas. Please contact OMBE for more information about these services.
Prior to her consulting work, Jessica founded an integrative health center in Boston. The eco-friendly center was one of the first twenty-five companies certified as a Sustainable Business Leader in Boston. During its ten-year tenure, the center provided services including acupuncture, chiropractic, massage, naturopathy, nutritional counseling, personal training, Pilates, and yoga. Studio offerings included mom and baby programming, Mongan Method Hypnobirthing, natural childbirth education and the Holistic Moms Network. The center was the recipient of several awards, including Mayor Menino's Green Business Award, a multiple recipient of Boston Business Journal's Best Workplace, Boston Magazine's Best of Boston Award for Massage Therapy as well as Best Eco-Friendly Massage, Eco-Beauty Bar, Nutritionist, Personal Trainer, Pilates, and Workout.