Yoga + Mindfulness
From the desk of Sarah Packard, RYT...
Check out these top 10 ways to incorporate yoga and mindfulness into your day.
1. Create a relaxing ritual- something that you do each day to pause and center yourself.
2. Cultivate body awareness and notice your physical habits off the mat. Do you tend to carry your bags on one side?
3. Adopt a mantra. Positive thinking has a way of becoming true.
4. Set your intention both on the mat and for your entire day.
5. Feeling stressed? Focus on deep breathing for 5 minutes to calm the mind.
6. Schedule breaks from the computer to stretch the body and reconnect.
7. Don’t have time to meditate? Practice abdominal breathing on your commute.
8. Include yoga stretches at the end of your workouts.
9 Schedule yoga on your calendar and don’t cancel on yourself!
10. You only need yourself to practice! Devote the time and changes will happen!
Check out FREE Yoga on the Square in Copley every Thursday at 12pm. Classes are taught by Sara. BYO mat or towel!
Try any new service this month and get a yoga class for $10. Click here or call 617-447-2222 to book your appointment!
Sara Packard, RYT Registered Yoga Teacher
Sara received her 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification from Zuda Yoga in Sacramento, CA under the guidance of Anne Marie Kramer and Dr. Bill Prysock. She has been teaching yoga since 2009, most recently in New York City until recently relocating to Boston. Sara has taught for Crunch Fitness, New York Yoga, as well as being a frequent guest teacher at O Yoga in Syracuse, NY. She was also the yoga teacher for the NYC Marathon team, "Fred's Team" through Lululemon, and has extensive experience teaching yoga to athletes and dancers.
She holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Musical Theater from Ithaca College. She believes in the power of yoga as both a physical practice and a mental release as well as a way to tap into our personal strength in a safe and non-competitive environment. Sara lives in Charlestown, MA with her husband Justin and their pug, Oscar.