OMBE's Top 10 Green Gift Guide
From the desk of Jessica L. Molleur, Lic.Ac., DNBAO…. Check out OMBE’s green holiday gift guide-10 eco-friendly gift ideas, treats from OMBE’s new Eco Beauty Bar and great green websites that will help you find the best eco-finds for everyone on your list this season.
Our Top 10 List This Season:
1. For the Hostess: Shop at www.vivaterra.com. We’ve mentioned this website before be we can’t get over their stylish, eco-friendly house ware selection. You’ll easily find the perfect house-warming gift and maybe a few other things for your own home.
2. For the Foodie: Pick up a copy of Jesse Ziff Cool’s, Simply Organic, at www.amazon.com. She has compiled 150 recipes incorporating organic, local, and sustainable food into one cookbook. Chapters organized by season and profiles about the farmers and producers will inspire just about anyone to get into the kitchen
3. For the Yogini: Check out Manduka’s PVC-free, biodegrable, and eco-friendly yoga mat. This is the Cadillac of yoga mats-guarenteed for life and out-performing all other mats. These mats are now available in several earth tones at OMBE’s Eco Beauty Bat in two styles-the orginal eKO-mat and a lighter, travel version for yoginis on the go.
4. For the Guy: Check out www.toporanch.com for super-soft organic clothing. And yes, they have earth-friendly options for women and children too but we love their line of t-shirts and hoodies including the fly fisherman and guitar strap designs (just to name 2).
5. For the Local/Organic Obsessed: This is the perfect time of year to find a great CSA as most people normally sign-up in early spring. Visit www.localharvest.org to find a CSA in the right area and give the gift of community agriculture before they are full come summer!
6. For your best Gal Pal: “Mirror, mirror on the wall….where can I find an organic, effective skin care line for acne, wrinkles, or problem skin?” Search no further than www.mvorganics.com a skin care line based in Berkeley, CA that combines the best of scientific research with botanical ingredients. This easy-to-use, 4-step line is now available at OMBE’s Eco Beauty Bar. Her skin will thank you and glow with holiday cheer. OK-Maybe this one is for your best gal pal and for you.
7. For the Local/Organic Obsessed: This is the perfect time of year to find a great CSA as most people normally sign-up in early spring. Visit www.localharvest.org to find a CSA in the right area and give the gift of community agriculture before they are full come summer!
8. For the Sweet Tooth: Calling all children and adults who love chocolate (a.k.a everyone)! For organic treats and stone-ground chocolate check out this local shop www.tazachocolate.com. You can also find Taza chocolate at Allandale Farms in Brookline.
9. For Your Coworkers: This year at the office, skip the secret Santa and make a donation from your company to Mother Nature. There are so many deserving environmental charities out there and this is just one example. Visit www.conservationfund.org to learn about this top-rated environmental group.
10. For everyone else’s stocking stuffer: LEAP’s organic, triple-milled organic soaps in Lavender, Eucalyptus, or Lemongrass-OH MY! This item has become a favorite at OMBE’s Eco Beauty Bar. Aside from the amzing aromatherapy effect and earning several eco-certifications, these soaps come in award-winning packaging. Available at OMBE. Visit www.leaporganics o learn more about their amazing products.
Jessica L. Molleur is a licensed acupuncturist, herbalist and massage therapist in Massachusetts and California. She holds a Masters of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine from the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco, CA. Her training also includes a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology from the University of California at Davis, CA. Jessica first became interested in acupuncture as a soccer player searching for an alternative to knee surgery.
She is a National Diplomate of Acupuncture, Oriental Medicine and Chinese Herbology through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). Following her acupuncture licensure, she became a Diplomate of Acupuncture Orthopedics. This orthopedic specialty certification is held by fewer than 300 acupuncturists in the United States. Areas of specialty include women's health, infertility, pediatrics, and sports medicine. For patients interested in learning more about acupuncture for fertility and IVF, please click here.