I HEART Yoga ~ Eagle Pose
Join us for OMBE's first yoga challenge!
Enjoy an unlimited number of yoga classes for one month! Your pass begins the day of purchase. Passes can be purchased until February 14th. Purchase online by going to our Online Store – Series and Memberships - Yoga Classes - I HEART Yoga: Unlimited Class Pass.
Show your love for yoga and let the 14 days of I HEART Yoga continues with Eagle Pose...
Benefits of the Pose
~ Stretches glutes, IT band, upper back ~ Strengthens thighs, feet, shoulders ~ Creates grounding energy of body alignment
Shoulders | Hips | Feet
~ Knee pain or injury
How to Get into the Pose
1. While standing (tadasana), step your feet hip width apart. Shift weight onto your left leg, strengthen that leg and draw the arch of your foot up.
2. Open your arms to the sides then cross them over each other, left over right.
3. Bend both elbows, lifting the forearms toward toward the sky with both palms facing out. If possible, draw the palms and let the right fingers catch the left palm.
4. Soften the left knee to 20-degrees. Lift the right leg, bend the knee, and cross it over the left thigh. If possible, wrap the right foot around the left calf.
5. Squeeze all joints and release into gravity, deepening the bend in the leg. Keep elbows at shoulder height and spread the scapula open.
6. Lift the right knee, step down and repeat on the other side.
Finish with your mantra: "I HEART Yoga because..."
More about OMBE's yoga studio:
Visit OMBE's eco-friendly yoga studio overlooking beautiful views of Boston's Copley Square. Our yoga classes provide a welcoming atmosphere for students of all levels. OMBE's yoga instructors encourage students to develop their strength, flexibility, and balance as well as a deeper sense of relaxation. All yoga classes are limited to six participants ensuring that each student receives individual instruction.