I HEART Yoga ~ Low Lunge
Join us for OMBE's first yoga challenge!
Enjoy an unlimited number of yoga classes for one month! Your pass begins the day of purchase. Passes can be purchased until February 14th. Purchase online by going to our Online Store – Series and Memberships - Yoga Classes - I HEART Yoga: Unlimited Class Pass.
Show your love for yoga and let the 14 days of I HEART Yoga continue with Low Lunge...
Benefits of the Pose
~ Stretches the hips ~ Lengthens the spine
Hips | Legs | Spine
How to Get into the Pose
1. From Downward-Facing Dog step your right foot in between your hands and bend your knee making sure the knee stays directly over your left ankle.
2. Allow the back knee to gently drop onto the mat and uncurl your back toes.
3. Either stay with your hands on either side of your front foot and begin to draw your heart forward as you stretch your left thigh and hip or inhale your arms up by your ears.
4. Continue to reach your arms high while softening your shoulders. If your spine is warmed up, feel free to take a slight backbend by hooking the thumbs and lifting up and back. Repeat with your left leg forward for the same length of time.
5. To advance the pose, move into a Crescent Lunge (High Lunge) for a balance challenge.
Finish with your mantra: "I HEART Yoga because..."
More about OMBE's yoga studio:
Visit OMBE's eco-friendly yoga studio overlooking beautiful views of Boston's Copley Square. Our yoga classes provide a welcoming atmosphere for students of all levels. OMBE's yoga instructors encourage students to develop their strength, flexibility, and balance as well as a deeper sense of relaxation. All yoga classes are limited to six participants ensuring that each student receives individual instruction.