Women's Health Book List
From the desk of Jessica L. Molleur, Lic.Ac., DNBAO... Here's a book list I've put together over the past few years of several texts that are great resources for women's health issues including pregnancy, childbirth, fertility treatment, PCOS, endometriosis, and much more.
WOMEN’S HEALTH BOOK LIST
- Northrop, Christine. Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom. New York, NY: Bantam Books, 2002.
- Agee, Eve. The Uterine Health Companion: A Holistic Guide to Lifelong Wellness. New York, NY: Celestial Arts; 1 Edition, 2010.
- Barbieri, Robert L., Domar, Alice D. Ph.D., and Loughlin, Kevin R. M.D. 6 Steps to Increased Fertility: An Integrated Medical and Mind/Body Approach To Promote Conception . New York, NY: Simon & Schuster, 2000.
- Weschler, Toni. Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health. New York, NY: Harper-Collins, 2002.
- Lewis, Randine. The Infertility Cure: The Ancient Chinese Wellness Program for Getting Pregnant and Having Healthy Babies. New York, NY: Little, Brown and Company, 2005.
- Holland, Julie Renee. Natural Infertility Treatments. Julie Renee Callaway, 2011.
- Glenville, Marilyn. Natural Solutions to Infertility: How to Increase Your Chances of Conceiving and Preventing Miscarriage. New York, NY: M.Evans & Company, 2001.
- Chavarro, Jorge., Willett, Walter., Skerrett, Patrick. The Fertility Diet: Groundbreaking Research Reveals Natural Ways to Boost Ovulation and Improve Your Chances of Getting Pregnant. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 2008.
- David, S. Sami., Blakeway, Jill. Making Babies: A Proven 3-Month Program for Maximum Fertility. New York, NY: Little, Brown and Company, 2009.
- Wright, Hillary. The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. New York, NY: Random House Inc, 2010.
- Harris, Colette., Cheung, Theresa. The Ultimate PCOS Handbook: Lose Weight, Boost Fertility, Clear Skin and Restore Self-Esteem. San Francisco, CA: Conari Press, 2008.
- Legro, Richard S. M.D., Boss, Angela., Weidman, Evelina Sterling. Living with PCOS: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Omaha, Nebraska: Addicus Books, Inc, 2001.
- Thatcher, Samual S. PCOS The Hidden Epidemic. Indianapolis, IN: Perspectives Press, 2000.
- Grassi, Angela., Mattei, Stephanie., Troiano, Leah., David, Christine. The PCOS Workbook: Your Guide to Complete Physical and Emotional Health. Haverford, PA: Luca Publishing, 2009.
- Ballweg, Mary Lou. Endometriosis. The Complete Reference for Taking Charge of Your Health. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 2003.
- Ballweg, Mary Lou. The Endometriosis Sourcebook. Chicago, Illinois: McGraw-Hill, 1995.
- Mills, Shepperson Dian., Vernon, Michael. Endometriosis: A Key to Healing Through Nutrition. Thorsons, 2002.
- Worwood, Valerie Ann. The Endometriosis Natural Treatment Program: A Complete Self-Help Plan for Improving Health and Well-being. Novato, California: New World Library, 2007.
- Levett, Carolyn. Reclaim Your Life- Your Guide to Aid Healing of Endometriosis. Endo Resolved, 2008.
- Levett, Carolyn. Recipes for the Endometriosis Diet. Endo Resolved, 2007.
- "The Endometriosis Association." N.p., 2011. Web. 11 Jul 2011. <http://www.endometriosisassn.org/>.
PREGNANCY, CHILD BIRTH PREPARATION & HYPNO-BIRTHING
- Kitzinger, Sheila. The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth. New York, NY: Knopf, 1996
- England, Pam., Horowitz, Rob. Birthing from Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation. Partera Press, 1998.
- Mongan, Marie F. HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method: A Natural Approach to a Safe, Easier, more Comfortable Birthing. Deerfield Beach, FL: HCI, 2005.
- Balaskas, Janet. Active Birth: The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally, Revised Edition. Boston, MA: Harvard Common Press, 1992
- Ingraham, Erick., McCutcheon-Rosegg, Susan., Burningham, Robin Yoko. Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way: Revised Edition. New York, NY: Plume Book, 1996.
- Gaskin, Ina May. Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth. New York, NY: Bantam, 2003
- Gaskin, Ina May., DiFranco, Ani. Birth Matters: A Midwife’s Manifesta. New York, NY: Seven Stories Press, 2011
- Wolfe, Naomi. Misconceptions: Truth, Lies, and the Unexpected on the Journey to Motherhood. Anchor, 2003.
Jessica L. Molleur is a licensed acupuncturist, herbalist and massage therapist in Massachusetts and California. She holds a Masters of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine from the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco, CA. Her training also includes a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology from the University of California at Davis, CA. Jessica first became interested in acupuncture as a soccer player searching for an alternative to knee surgery.
She is a National Diplomate of Acupuncture, Oriental Medicine and Chinese Herbology through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). Following her acupuncture licensure, she became a Diplomate of Acupuncture Orthopedics. This orthopedic specialty certification is held by fewer than 300 acupuncturists in the United States. Areas of specialty include women's health, infertility, pediatrics, and sports medicine. For patients interested in learning more about acupuncture for fertility and IVF, please click here.