Four Favorites from OMBE's Eco Beauty Bar
From the desk of Jessica L. Molleur, Lic.Ac., DNBAO... Here are four of our favorite products for the summer that we love and feature at OMBE's Eco Beauty Bar!
WHY WE LOVE:
MARIE VERONIQUE ORGANICS
- MVO donates 10% of its profits to organizations dedicated to creating better opportunities for women and children in Third World countries
- MVO uses scientific studies and directs research to better understand the aging process
- Products do not contain toxins, petroleum-based products, nanoparticles, or anything else that is potentially harmful
- Wherever possible MVO uses natural, organic, and fair trade ingredients
- MVO’s skin care lines are perfect for problematic skin, acne, mature skin, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, eczema
- LEAP sources fair-trade ingredients when possible
- No animal testing
- Donates before tax sales towards 1% For The Planet
- LEAP only uses ingredients that come from nature and provides complete ingredient transparency on all labels
- No synthetics, no parabens, no petroleum, no sulfates, no GMOS, and no chemicals of any kind
- 100% certified-organic ingredients
- Products contain 100% natural ingredients as well as certified organic ingredients
- Farmaesthetics is completely free of artificial preservatives, petroleum products, talc, fillers, parabens, dyes, and synthetic fragrances
- Products are hypo-allergenic, non-irritating, dermatologist-tested, and are not tested on animals
- Products contain ingredients such as calendula-a resinous marigold flower containing active ingredients that can mend tissue, lavender (antiseptic and anti-inflammatory), and antioxidants such as ginger and Vitamin C
- Farmaesthetics line is safe for mom and baby featuring products with multiple everyday uses!
- Badger products contain between 85-100% organic ingredients only found in nature
- Each year, Badger donates at least 10% of its before tax profits to non-profit organizations Badger’s main ingredient, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is incredibly soothing and organically grown by an organic farmers’ cooperative in Spain
- Lip balms are packed with organic, antioxidant-rich ingredients like Sea Buckthorn, Rosehips, & Aloe Vera
- Sunscreens are top rated by the Environmental Working Group: biodegradable, no nano-particles, UVA/UVB spectrum, very water resistant
Jessica L. Molleur is a licensed acupuncturist, herbalist and massage therapist in Massachusetts and California. She holds a Masters of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine from the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco, CA. Her training also includes a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology from the University of California at Davis, CA. Jessica first became interested in acupuncture as a soccer player searching for an alternative to knee surgery.
She is a National Diplomate of Acupuncture, Oriental Medicine and Chinese Herbology through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). Following her acupuncture licensure, she became a Diplomate of Acupuncture Orthopedics. This orthopedic specialty certification is held by fewer than 300 acupuncturists in the United States. Areas of specialty include women's health, infertility, pediatrics, and sports medicine. For patients interested in learning more about acupuncture for fertility and IVF, please click here.